Yechury targets Modi on Tripura
By Our Correspondent, 09/01/2018, New Delhi

CPM general secretary Sitaram Yechury has accused Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led NDA government of conspiring to destabilise the CPM government in Tripura.Yechury said this while addressing the inaugural session of the party's three-day state conference in Odhisha."BJP is trying to influence some of its political opponents through money power, but nobody can oust the CPM from the country," Yechury said.He said that the party would launch an agitation against the Centre on the issue and CPM workers would take to streets.Criticising Modi for his handling of economic issues, Yechury said that the Centre had waived loans worth Rs 11 lakh crore of industrialists, but was not ready to do the same for farmers.

He said that whenever the issue of loan waiver for farmers was raised, the Centre took the plea of paucity of funds."Due to the faulty policies of the central government, about 60,000 farmers have committed suicide throughout the country in the last three years," the CPM leader said and went on to add that introduction of the GST and demonetisation had rendered 96 lakh small businessman unemployed.Secretary of the CPM state unit Ali Kishore Patnaik also criticised the Union government for withdrawing the proposal for setting up a wagon factory at Sitalapalli in Ganjam.

"We will decide the strategies to fight against the Centre at this conference," Ali said.Former secretary of the party's state unit, Janardan Pati, also described the decision of the Indian Railways to withdraw the proposed wagon factory from Sitalapalli as "undemocratic"."The Union government is making only 26 per cent of the wagons out of their total requirement for the country. Private companies produced the remaining 74 per cent wagons. This goes to prove that the Modi government is more sympathetic to industrialists," Pati said.